Tuesday, February 26, 2008

just give the boy a chance



Bright eyed and bushy tailed is an old southern term to bascially say someone is really not prepared for what is put before them. I was a young man ambitious and anxious thinking I knew everything there was to know about gospel ministry and how church was supposed to be done. I was 22 and thought I have no degree no experience and no open doors. How could I fulfill what was burning in my heart? What shall this man do?

God brought a man into my life some 27 years ago who gave this boy a shot. His name is Pastor Raymond Biard. Just a little info about Pastor Biard. He has Pastored Jackson Revival center for 55 years. He is the first Pastor to open his doors to the african-amercian community in the racially segerated south. He has fathered young men all over the world. He truly is a forerunner.. To hear him preach you would think you would be listening to a 40 year old man. He preaches with passion and has such a heart of generosity. You can tell alot about a Pastor by the people he pastor's. Jackson revival center has some of the most God filled people I have every met. Pastor Biard's wife is a saint, His daughter Jennifer is such a great preacher............His associate Steve Mitchell has been with him for 34 years.

Pastor Biard gave me my chance on the mission field. He sent me to Haiti by myself for 10 days in the early 80's. He told me you will know if you are called real quick.
The DNA I have now is in part to Pastor Biard. He was the first to invest into me by saying to me that if you are called to make a living in this you must learn to trust God for my provision.

I owe much to Pastor Biard and to Jackson Revival center for giving me a chance when no one really believed in me. Pastor I thank you and honor you today for your Kingdom service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home